Sunday, May 19, 2013

Farewell my friend !

I told you I had some farewell parties this month. For Saturday's one, I created a souvenir for my friend, who's going back to France for few years. Even if we have share many playdates with our kids, school events, or birthday parties, I ended up with no pictures to scrap for her. But I really want to give her a piece of me, so I picked a great quote from one of my favorite writer, Paolo Coelho, and create a frame around it.


The quote means : "Who's used to travel knows there comes a time when he has to leave." And if you think it's difficult to leave, think about those who stays...

I used K&Company papers, flowers by Prima Marketing, Recollections and Making Memories, leaves by I am roses, and lace trims found at Hobby Lobby. I even add two small metal charms by Tim holtz, one fleur de lis and one star (for France and Texas). I used a digital image of a vintage postcard (you can find it on my board Printables on Pinterest here) and add some text on it before printing. I distress it with the Tim Holtz ink Vintage photo.

The week end is finally over, it's gonna be a lot more quiet. Maybe.




6 comments:

  1. Great quote and beautiful card! Hope you get some quiet time to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift! Farewell gifts are so hard, but this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and i bet she will love it

    ReplyDelete