Monday, September 2, 2013

Ombre flower lantern

It's still summer, even here in Aberdeen where we have a blue sky with 80F, so I still can show you a summer project. I used a white paper lantern, two Tim Holtz distress ink pads and a LOT of daisies cut with my Cricut Expression and the Mother's day cartridge.


If you have access to the August Cricut magazine, you can sure have a better picture of it, with a nice garden background. But you can put this lantern inside as well.

Each flower is made of 4 daisies (2 sizes) in two tones of the same paper by The Paper Studio. I satured the first layer of flowers with orange distress ink, used less ink with the second but both lanes are made with orange tone paper.
The three last lanes are made with yellow tone paper. The middle one is satured with orange distress ink, the one after with yellow distress ink, and I didn't ink the last one.

Simply glue the finished flowers with Glossy Accents, starting from the top with darker flowers to the bottom with lighter flowers.

Took forever but I do like the result...

10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I would love to do one for my daughter's room, but I'm not sure I have the patience, or time!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool and seriously fun! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing project - so beauitful! LOVE ombre designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, must have take a bit of time but the outcome is stunning. Congrats on your pub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that pretty!!! Congrats on the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so inspiring and awesome! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously amazing...love it! Congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute, I bet it took forever, lots of work putting all those flowers together, but it sure turned out cute. I saw your post on Cricut and followed you here. Nice projects

    ReplyDelete