Friday, December 6, 2013

Selphy voltage problem and card 11th

You have probably noticed that I didn't use my Cricut in any of the cards. Nor stitch or emboss. The reason is I don't have enough converter or adaptor to plug everything. It was OK until now because I did know we will have few more soon. But yesterday, I was planning to test my brand new Selphy (DH was in Houston  2 weeks ago, came back with it), and after checking the voltage, tried to plug it with an adaptor. It shut down the whole room ! Luckily, the Selphy is OK (I tried it in the kitchen with a converter), but it means that I will have to wait more to play with it. Grrrr !
For those who are traveling with a Selphy, be careful if the voltage is different... Maybe batteries will be a good option.

I did ask DH for a Selphy, because I don't have easy access to a store with printing as in the US. In Houston, I just sent picture by internet to a Walgreens and stop by picking them before picking the kids at school. Here, none of the printing facilities are near us, and anyway you cannot park your car (even few minutes) in front of it. It's a little more expensive too. So, for the picture I can't wait to print with a bunch of others, the one I need right now to start my layout, I did though Selphy will be a good option.

So no new toy today. I will just work with an old picture for now. I want to participate in this month's challenge from C'est Magnifique kit. I hope to finish it today, and maybe show it tomorrow on this blog.

Card 11 ? Right there :


Papers and Merry Christmas stamp by Kaisercraft, bling center of the flower by K&Company, crystal flourishes by Want2scrap, flower stamp by Making Memories. The sentiment is stamped with Memento black tuxedo ink, and the flower with Stazon brown ink.

It will be time to send these cards soon...
Have a good day and don't forget to leave a comment and to follow me to win this week's prize !

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, I love the big bling in the flower centre! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and what a pretty sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card! i love the envelope too!

    ReplyDelete