Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mardi Gras mask


Today it's Mardi Gras ! 
Do you know where this tradition come from ? It's the last of the fat day before Lent. In France, we celebrate it mostly now with a costumed parade ending by burning the Carnival king. In Venise, they have a very fancy parade with gorgeous costume and beautiful mask.

So today I will present you a mask created in the Venice's spirit :



I started by covering a chipboard mask (Decopatch) with white gesso and aqua tissue paper, adding some aqua glitter glue and Liquid Pearls. Lots of flowers (mostly Prima Marketing), covered with gold and turquoise paints (Plaid) and glitter glues. 



The metal embellisments are covered in gold with a gold pen.



Will you wear it ? I like it so much, I can't image my daughters wearing it for Carnival !

Happy Mardi Gras (for all of you feasting today) !

No comments:

Post a Comment