Thursday, February 5, 2015

Surprise Valentine card

Valentine's day is not far from now. Did you made something crafty for a loved one ?
Canvas Corps Brand has challenged us to create a Valentine's card and to send it to someone who is not expecting it... So here is the card I created :


The base is a Canvas Corps blank white card. I started by mixing red high impact paint from the Jolly calendar kit by Tattered Angels with modeling paste and spread it onto the card. I teared up a polka dot paper (Santa's journey) by 7 Gypsies and place the pieces on the red paste. No need to glue, it adhere by itself at the modeling paste. Then I sprayed Black Magic glimmer mist on few spots.
After that, I mixed white high impact paint from the Christmas kit with modeling paste and put some at the edges of the card and few strokes in the left bottom corner. Before it was dry, I push a honeycomb stamp by Prima Marketing into the paste to make texture. Then I glued gold microbeads randomly.
I sprayed Barn red glimmer mist on  two flowers (I Am Roses) and Black Magic on one rose and the leaves. I added some leftover of the white mix to the roses. They look like frosty like that...
The hardest part was to glue the black cord in the shape of the word "love".


My surprise Valentine's will be an French author, who's writing beautiful and unreasonable love story. That will be my way to give back for the pleasure I took at reading his books.


Do you have a surprise Valentine's or a regular one ? Maybe several of each ?
See you very soon for more projects to come...

7 comments:

  1. As much as I love making Valentine's Day cards, I've never sent a surprise one, but I love the idea! This is so beautiful, Valerie! You are the queen of mixed media. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the CAS design and wonderful texture! Very nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card has wonderful color and texture! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your colors! What a great way to send appreciation to the author!

    ReplyDelete