Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Mermaid layout for the Prima challenge

Hello craft lovers !

I have just finished my layout for the June Make it Prima challenge ! They have a lovely moodboard this month, with bright colors and yummy textures... It inspire me to create a Splash-y layout...


I really have a thing for mermaid... I did not resist and bought two years ago a tail for my youngest (will have one myself one day). I even have a Pinterest board for them... So when I saw this picture on Google, I knew it fill fit perfectly the moodboard...

I built the background with a paper from the Prima French Riviera 12x12 kit, starting with blue ink and Paint Splatter (PM) cling stamp. Next, I applied a mix of heavy white gesso (PM) with fine texture powder over the Harlequin stencil (PM). I use Tea Dye distress ink to distress the edges of the paper and the diamonds.
I then layered distressed papers from the Vintage Emporium 12x12 kit (PM), with stamped diamonds (Rondelle-PM) in Tea Dye.


I added Christine Adolph Sea Shells rub-ons (PM) (shells, nest, star) covered with chocolate mica powder, real shells, and Prima flowers.
You can also spot a glass embellishment from an old collection by Prima (believe, you obviously need to believe in mermaids), a trim (PM), some twine, and even two clay embellishments made with IOD molds (PM) and painted.
The title is Prima too, from Julie Nutting word strip stickers...


Don't you want to have a dive now ? I do ! It's 99 F outside, the pool is at 90 F (not even refreshing), so I wish I could be a mermaid and swin in a fresh ocean...

I hope you liked this layout, it will be part of my application for the Prima DT (#PrimaDTcall, see details there). !

See you around for another project !


No comments:

Post a Comment