Monday, October 13, 2014

October Once Upon A Sketch challenge

I'm very proud of the beauty I made for the Once Upon A... Sketch challenge this month !

Take a look at the sketch first :


and now my layout :


What can we find here ? Oh ! Surprise ! A K&Company paper (still Que Sera Sera collection)! But I did work on this one... Gesso, stamps (Prima Marketing and Inkidadinkado) with brown ink (Stazon), stencil (Want2Scrap), Shimmerz Texturez paint in Sandy Stone (look at the beautiful grain of the bricks), ocean ink spray (Mister Huey's), Lace (Hobby Lobby), a loosely braided twine (Recollections), I Am Roses flowers distressed with Colorbox ink and Prima Marketing chalk, and pink crystal sand !

Have some close-ups...


the loosely braided twine...


I'm still short on supplies since my moving hasn't left Aberdeen yet, so I did print the title and the journaling instead of looking in my stash for alphas and journaling spots.


See the layers ? Paper plus gesso plus stamp, plus stenciling, plus inking plus crystal sand !

Once upon a sketch have a bunch of sponsors with great prizes. I hope this layout can win one of them !

Have a good day !

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a gorgeous layout! Great job on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Seriously amazing!!! Love all the detail you added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure gorgeousness, Valerie! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love all the layering. The layout turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love how you've done that brickwork & the lovely misting...fabulous take on our OUAS challenge....& for an extra prize to win....you can do this: Link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize! Good luck:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy for the tip. I did link it on the FB page...

      Delete
  6. Love this Valerie! I am in the middle of moving in another house and I know it is a challenge to scrap without all the supplies! Using old paper collection is a goal I am working on too :) Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete