Wednesday, December 20, 2017

IOD Christmas tree

Well, this is a Christmas related post, but surely far from a card... That's a nice distraction...
I love playing with clay and mould these days (see my other recent posts), and I wanted to make some decorations for my new home (moved in August in Houston...), so I decided to make a small Christmas tree...


The base is a paper mache cone. I made paper clay embellishments with the IOD mould Large Fleurish that I glued on the cone with gel medium, as long as buttons, stones, and string of beads, before covering it with heavy white gesso.


Once dried, I use both my finger and a small paint brush to apply Finnabair Opal Magic waxes in Green Brocade and Blue Velvet. In fact, I even heat it a little bit with a gun to melt the wax and have a smoother effect.


Really have to find a bigger cone to make a real size tree for next year ! Good luck with that...

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I did inspire you a little to create your own project.
See you tomorrow for another Christmas card !


No comments:

Post a Comment